- Location: Birmingham
- Email: Amira Khan
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 121 202 1461
- Direct Fax: +44 (0) 121 234 0215
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7808 762 075
Amira handles both contentious and non-contentious matters. She advises on a wide range of building and engineering disputes.
She acts for housebuilders and developers and also acts on behalf of main contractors, consultants and specialist sub-contractors.
Amira has provided technical and strategic advice to contractors on a number of major projects. She has acted for various clients in pursuing and defending court proceedings, represented clients in adjudications and has advised in relation to several successful mediations.
Amira enjoys live action and performances of all kinds particularly sports, music and theatre.
- Successfully pursued a claim against an engineering practice in relation to the negligent design of earthworks incurring losses of over £1 million.
- Acted on behalf of a major local developer in arbitration proceedings in connection with delay claims in relation to the construction of two condominiums buildings, residential units and hotel rooms at Palm Jumeirah Crescent, Dubai. Claim valued at AED 126 million.
- Advised an employer in respect of potential arbitration proceedings arising out of the defective construction of factory premises.
- Acted on behalf of a developer in adjudication proceedings against a main contractor in relation to a multi-million pound negligence claim arising out of defective flooring at warehouse premises pursuant to a JCT Design and Build form of contract.