- Location: London
- Email: Nicholas Walser
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7653 1621
- Direct Fax: +44 (0) 20 7653 1601
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7885 389 409
Nick specialises in litigation and arbitration relating to shipping and international trade. He speaks fluent French and is a correspondent member of the French Maritime Law Association (AFDM).
Nick’s experience and expertise includes commodity trading disputes, especially under GAFTA and FOSFA terms and oil trading contracts, cargo claims, disputes under charterparties, bills of lading, general average, MOAs and shipbuilding contracts.
- Represented cargo interests in Verity Shipping -v- Norexa  1 Lloyd’s Rep 652 (successful challenge to anti-suit injunction).
- Soufflet Negoce -v- Bunge  (Court of Appeal decision on readiness of vessel under FOB sale contract).
- Fulton Shipping -v- Globalia  (a leading decision of the UK Supreme Court on damages for repudiation of time charter).
- Currently handling various maritime arbitrations relating to charterparty disputes on behalf of shipowners or charterers.
Nick enjoys classical music, walking, running and going to the theatre.