Our Thrive network group supports the health and well-being of all employees across Gateley to promote high levels of performance both physically and mentally.
Thrive runs a series of events and training programmes throughout the year to raise awareness and to inspire our people to take care of themselves and those around them.
In 2020/21 our physical and mental well being has been tested in a way that we could never have imagined with the pandemic and the national lockdowns. We recognised that Thrive had a huge part to play in supporting people throughout the pandemic and introduced lots of additional activities in to the Thrive programme.
- Provided practical guidance to support staff in working from home safely with top tips and best practice on how to achieve a good work-life balance.
- Introduced additional communications on top of our weekly staff newsletter, Grapevine; Workplace Wednesday covers everything from returning to work protocols through to updates on the latest government guidance and we built dedicated areas on our intranet specifically geared towards support and information for staff during lockdown and remote working.
- Ran twice weekly webinars for the first few months to give staff psychological coping tools for crisis and anxiety.
- Organised local office Microsoft Teams calls during bank holidays to provide staff living in isolation with a platform to socialise.
- Kept things fun with quizzes, coffee mornings and drinks events, photography and baking competitions, charity fundraisers and weekly music playlists.
- Promoted the use of our mental health first aiders and access for staff (and household members) to our Employee Assistance Programme through Thrive.
- Partnered with a mental training coach to provide staff with exercises to help keep their minds active and switch off from work in a Banish the Burnout programme.
- Partnered with The Body Project to support staff in keeping fit, including virtual HIIT classes and a 28-day weight loss challenge, with live workouts and nutrition guidance.
- Delivered regular breathing and meditation classes and encouraged digital detox sessions.
Key stats about our people
With employees from a wide variety of ethnic backgrounds, over seven different religions and belief systems, and a diverse gender split, inclusion is at the heart of all we do. Each year we ask our employees to complete a diversity survey; this helps us to understand the make-up of our organisation in more detail. Take a look at our most recent stats.
have 10+ years service
care for young children
were the first generation in their family to go to university