In particular, the recently announced proposals will:
• Introduce unlimited fines for anyone breaching Fire Safety Regulations under the Fire Safety Order or for anyone caught obstructing or impersonating a Fire Inspector.
• Improve the quality of Fire Risk Assessments and competence of those who complete them.
• Ensure that the vital Fire Safety Information is preserved over the life span of all Regulated buildings.
• Improve co-operation and coordination amongst people responsible for Fire Safety and making it easy to identify whom they are.
• Strengthen the role of guidance issued under the Fire Safety Order so that failure to follow it may be considered in Court Proceedings as evidence of a breach.
• Improved engagement between building control bodies and fire authorities in reviewing plans for building work.
• Require all new flats above 11 metres tall to install premises information boxes.