Five key reasons to invest in Gateley:
Growth and income
Proven scalable business model
1. Growth and income
- In the first 3 full years since IPO we have provided investors with continued growth. We have grown revenue by 37% which is a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11% and adjusted EBITDA is up by 46% (CAGR 14%).
- The business has cash generation averaging 95% supporting both growth through acquisitions, and investment in the business, and an attractive dividend policy.
- It has a focused acquisition strategy to bring complementary businesses into the group that provide two-way cross-selling opportunities. The legal sector has a history of growth above GDP.
- Achieved through exposure to counter cyclical service lines – Banking, Corporate, Dispute Resolution, Employment and Pensions, Litigation, Property and Restructuring.
- Not being reliant on one area of law
- A strong geographic regional spread
- No one client accounting for more than 3% of revenue
3. Macro-economic resilience
- We have continued to grow throughout the challenging economic environment of the last decade
- The spread of markets we serve plays to our resilient business structure
- Proven track record - a leadership team with a successful track record of delivering growth both organically and through acquisition over the last 30 years.
- A focus on the future - a strategic and operational management structure across the wider group headed by a team who are focused on delivery and will continue to steer the business in the right direction.
5. Proven scalable business model
- Track record of successfully integrating acquisitions - post IPO we have successfully integrated 5 businesses into the group including a mix of complementary businesses and a specialist law firm.
- We have a proven ability in establishing and growing new offices. In the last decade we have grown six new offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Reading, Belfast and Guildford.
- In 2008 we established a London office now located in Paternoster Square. That office continues to grow and offers our full range of legal expertise from the capital. London is also home to some of our complementary businesses. In 2010 we expanded into Manchester through acquisition and that practice now employs close to 200 people offering the full mix of commercial legal services.
- Leeds has grown from just 5 people in 2012 to a full legal practice offering services across all of our main service lines and employing more than 100 people. Reading opened shortly after our IPO with 2 people and now offers a full range of legal services employing more than 40 people.
- Guildford came on board with the acquisition of GCL Solicitors in 2018, a strategic move which strengthens our strong hold in the south east in the house building market. Our Guildford move brought 80 people into the business and this team is continuing to grow and deliver.