Our business model creates a platform for scalable and sustainable growth.
Growth and income
Sustainable earnings and resilience
A scalable business model
1. Growth and income
- First 6 full years since IPO we have grown revenue by 99.3 % (a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.2%) and PBT by 65.7% (CAGR 8.8%).
- Continued expansion and diversification via our ‘Platform’ strategy, being the acquisition of and investment in legal and complementary professional consultancies facing common industries, sectors or markets.
- Excellent cash generation averaging 90% per annum since IPO, supporting organic and acquisitive growth, investment in the business and an attractive dividend policy.
2. Sustainable earnings and resilience
Legal and consulting revenues having the following characteristics:
- Business lines capable of operating in all economic environments including: Banking and Restructuring, Corporate and Inward Investment Services, Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Services, Employment and People Services and Property.
- No reliance on any one area of law, sector, industry or individual client.
- Scale, breadth and depth, and national geographic coverage.
- Continuous revenue and profit growth, regardless of economic cycle, including throughout the Global Financial Crisis and COVID-19 pandemic.
3. A scalable business model
- A strategy leveraging organic and acquisitive growth potential.
- Proven ability in establishing and growing new offices. In the last decade we have opened and grown eight new offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Reading, Belfast, Guildford, Bolton and Newcastle.
- Proven track record of successfully integrating acquisitions. Post-IPO we have successfully integrated 9 businesses into the Group, including a mix of complementary businesses and specialist law firms.
- Significant organic and acquisitive potential to grow, enhance and develop each of our four Platforms (Business Services, Corporate, People and Property).
- A reputation for excellence, built over many years, through quality service delivery, industry accolades and rankings.
- Industry ranked market-leading legal and consultancy professionals
- Most active M&A legal adviser in the UK by deal volume according to Experian MarketIQ.
- More than 30 industry awards since IPO.
- Proven track record and stability - a team with a successful track record of delivering growth both organically and through acquisition for more than 30 years.