Amanda is experienced in debt recovery and asset finance, providing advice to financial institutions on recoveries, title disputes, satisfactory quality claims, fraud, personal guarantor claims, third-party applications, enforcements of judgment and unenforceability claims.
Amanda is well versed at obtaining judgments against individuals and/ or companies and enforcing such judgment by way of charging order, attachment of earnings, High Court writ, third party debt order, order to attend court for questioning, orders for sale, bankruptcy petitions, winding-up petitions etc. Amanda’s negotiation skills mean customers often settle a case before the matter proceeds to a hearing/ trial.
Amanda has substantial experience in dealing with defended claims relating to fraud, innocent purchaser, protected goods, satisfactory quality/ fitness for purpose, breach of contract and total failure of consideration. She is able to successfully respond to defended matters, draft counter claims as well as summary judgment and/or strike out applications.
- Obtaining settlement two days before trial on a £250,000 claim, to include obtaining a voluntary charge over the customer’s property by way of security.
- Successfully mediating a claim relating to conversion of title to goods resulting in return of the vehicle and payment of damages.
- Obtaining judgment and subsequently settlement for a £100,000 balance on a sale and leaseback agreement relating to gym equipment.
- Recovering full settlement for an individual whose vehicle was wrongly repossessed by a finance house; issuing proceedings in the small claims court and recovering full costs.
- Successfully negotiating settlement on a breach of contract claim where equipment was not delivered to customer.