During Aster’s time at International Investment Services she has helped over 500 foreign companies navigate the UK business environment and enter the UK market. She helps overseas companies understand the UK’s business and financial landscape, including the UK tax system and how to raise finance. She is the lead Finance Specialist for the Department for International Trade and has worked with start-ups through to multinationals to secure tax credits and government grants.
Before moving to London from New Zealand, Aster gained experience as a private wealth consultant. She has since completed the Harvard Kennedy School Emerging Leaders programme and is an active member of the New Zealand Business Women’s Network. She regularly runs workshops, speaks and writes on business issues for international audiences.
- Delivering financial modelling to the UK Government resulting in a £9.9m grant award to a Fortune 500 company and the safeguarding of 350 jobs in the UK.
- Delivering financial modelling to the UK Department for International Trade to enhance their proposition to win an ultra-high-value (£4.5bn annual revenue) advanced manufacturing investment from China.
- Unlocking £50,000 of working capital in the UK for a German life sciences entrepreneur by identifying available research and development tax credits.
- Advising on UK grants and incentives (including equity investment schemes and innovation incentives) enabling high-growth tech firms from Australia to plan their expansion into the UK.
- Delivering several workshops for the UK Department for International Trade in the UK, USA, UAE, India, Columbia and Europe to upskill 100+ UK Government International Trade Officers on UK tax, finance and banking.