- Location: Birmingham
- Email: Chris Reed
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 121 234 0136
- Direct Fax: +44 (0) 121 234 0003
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7971 554 235
Chris specialises in corporate law and regularly advises on acquisitions, disposals, private equity investments, re-organisations and joint ventures for large companies. He also acts for individuals who are starting, growing or selling their businesses or who want to invest in their business.
Chris is part of the Private Equity team and regularly acts for institutions and management teams on leveraged transactions. He acts for a number of large private companies (including businesses whose parent company is based overseas) on their internal re-organisations and in joint ventures. Chris also acts for housebuilders and developers on real estate transactions within a corporate structure.
Chris supports West Bromwich Albion Football Club and enjoys Park Run and watching cricket, rugby and darts. He acts as an entertainment and taxi service for his three children at weekends.
- Advised the shareholders of Study Inn Group on their pre-sale reorganisation and £135m disposal of a portfolio of student properties to a newco backed by Arlington Investors.
- Acted for YFM Private Equity in its growth capital investment in Ncam Technologies.
- Advised the management of IWSR on the buy-out by FPE.
- Acted for YFM on the MBO of DSP Database Managed Services.
- Acted for YFM on its investment in Collaborative Project Management Services.
- Advised the shareholders of Ash Tree Vets on the acquisition by VetPartners.
- Acted on the merger of First Industrial and Panattoni Europe.
- Advised members of management on the buy-out of Wavenet.
- Acted for the shareholders of Medical Imaging UK Limited on the disposal to EMIS Group plc.
- Advised newco and management on the MBO of Reader Offers.
- Acted for Sevacare (UK) on five corporate acquisitions.
- Advised Roxhill Developments on a series of corporate joint ventures and investments.
- Acted for Stoford Developments on the strategic joint venture with TPG Real Estate.
- Advised management and the group on the sale of Amtico Holdings to Mannington Mills, Inc.