Christian is a partner in the residential development team with extensive experience of both residential-led and mixed-use development. His expertise includes strategic land and site assembly, joint ventures and
partnership and collaboration agreements, as well as option agreements, overage and clawback agreements, and conditional contracts.
He is experienced in drafting and negotiating complex planning agreements containing viability assessments and all relevant associated infrastructure agreements.
- Acted for Barking Riverside Limited (previously a joint venture between Bellway and HCA) forming one of the largest regeneration sites in London and the south east and comprising over 11,000 units with new schools, hypermarket and sports facilities.
- Acted as the lead solicitor for Breyer Group on the largest photovoltaic lease arrangement in the country with Colchester Borough Council, involving circa 2000 properties.
- Acting for the developer on a multiphase scheme at Leavesden Aerodrome, adjacent to Harry Potter World, comprising in excess of 400 units, commercial space (comprising A1, A2, A3, A5 and D1 uses). Also acted on related disposals of doctors surgery, supermarket disposal to Co-Op, and disposal of part to Bovis and multi-phased disposal to registered provider.
- Acted on the acquisition of the former Marconi factory in Chelmsford, a £500m development of circa 400 units and onward multi-phase affordable disposal, together with the lease of commercial premises for the headquarters of a multinational cosmetics firm.
- Acted on property aspects of Lands Improvement Holdings’ disposal of its holding interest from Blackrock to Telereal Trillium, involving all their strategic land holdings held in a series of offshore companies. Value in excess of £90m.