Claire is a Chartered Surveyor, Registered Valuer and Associate in Gateley PLC’s specialist surveying practice, Gateley Hamer. Claire is based in Guildford and deals with a wide range of property matters including valuations under the New Electronic Communications Code, compulsory purchase, compensation, land acquisition, strategic landlord & tenant advice and property management advice.
Claire is an experienced property practitioner with a wealth of knowledge and experience in private and public sector. She started her career at Powys County Council in 1993, after graduating with a property degree from University of Central England. Claire has experience abroad, moving to South Africa in 1996 where she specialised in Commercial Valuation work. In 2011 Claire returned to the UK where she has broadened her experience working in both private and public sector.
How do you help clients?
- I have experience advising local authorities on management of commercial/industrial/retail property portfolios, undertaking valuations, rent reviews, lease renewals, wayleaves and easement negotiations, and general day to day property management.
- I have also worked as Project Manager for Capital Works, involving in-house and external multi-disciplinary teams.
- I am capable of managing and motivating others to achieve best value for clients.
- Working within the Regeneration and Property Investment Team at Mole Valley District Council leading to the successful purchase of several investment properties across the UK.
- Responsible for Phase 1 of the refurbishment of Swan Shopping Centre, Leatherhead, overseeing drafting of tender documents and award of tender.
- Whilst at Bruton Knowles Claire was also responsible for the negotiation and settlement of Part 1 claims arising from the East Kent Access Road, achieving considerable savings to the Authority.
- Claire also became part of a small team to undertake a Strategic Accommodation Review for Southern Water, her role involved the review of existing leases and advising on the exit of existing leases or negotiation of changes to the terms and conditions.