Claire specialises in acquisition, corporate and leveraged finance, acting for senior bank syndicates, mezzanine lenders, offshore purchasers and private equity funds on both UK based and cross-border transactions.
Claire’s expertise includes syndicated and bilateral finance transactions across a wide range of industries and complex debt restructuring.
Claire has also spent some time working in-house, namely for ANZ Bank in Sydney, Australia, in the loan structuring and execution team as an Associate Director. This involved the structuring, project managing and negotiating of loans specialising in leveraged finance but also with generalist experience across different industry segments including infrastructure, telcos and media, natural resources and property finance.
- Acted for the banking syndicate on facilities provided to Seek Limited.
- Assisting a syndicate of Banks in the negotiation of a A$1.3billion finance package to Kohlberg, Kravis, Roberts & Co. in respect of their A$2.6billon unsuccessful bid for Healthscope Limited. The bid required the full suite of finance documents to be in agreed form with certain funding commitment from the bid date.
- TPG Telecom Limited's acquisition of PIPE Networks Limited, a leading telecommunications company that owns the third largest fibre optic network in Australia. The acquisition was conditional on TPG obtaining finance. We negotiated and finalised on behalf of TPG Telecom Limited a A$380 million syndicated debt facility package provided by domestic and offshore lenders. The transaction values PIPE Networks at A$373million and creates a merged group worth just over A$1.7 billion.
- Advised Commonwealth Bank of Australia in respect of a A$105million Syndicated Facility Agreement to CSG Limited to fund its acquisition of New Zealand business Konica Minolta Business Solutions and Leasing Solutions Limited.
- Assisted BOS International (Australia) Limited, St George Bank Limited, West LB and Westpac Banking Corporation in refinancing its existing A$200million term facilities to Australian Drilling Solutions and others.