Eamonn has extensive experience of advising clients in relation to defamation and privacy law, reputation management, data protection, and complex multi-jurisdictional commercial litigation. Eamonn frequently advises and acts for international news and media outlets, large corporations, as well as public figures and high-net-worth individuals.
Eamonn has developed considerable expertise in successfully representing clients in High Court, Court of Appeal, and Judicial Review proceedings. In addition, Eamonn has substantial knowledge of utilising alternative dispute resolution in his litigation practice (including mediation) to achieve successful results for clients.
Eamonn has a keen interest in the evolving area of privacy law, the interplay between law and new technologies, and finding innovate solutions to protect his clients’ interests.
- Representing an international aviation company in High Court proceedings against a social media company for injunctive relief and damages arising from defamatory publication and privacy breaches.
- Successfully defending a news organisation in High Court libel proceedings.
- Acting for a high-profile figure in complex and cutting-edge malicious falsehood and defamation proceedings against a social media corporation.
- Providing a news organisation with pre-publication and post-publication advice and GDPR support.
- Representing a US public figure in proceedings against an international news and media organisation in relation to libellous article content.