Emily has expertise in asset protection, asset tracing and recovery and has represented parties in disputes in the High Court and the London Court of International Arbitration. She has also advised clients in cross-border matters involving other jurisdictions such as the BVI, Cyprus and the CIS market.
Emily regularly undertakes contentious insolvency matters with a particular emphasis on tax avoidance, evasion and fraud. Her experience and expertise also encompasses complex property disputes.
Emily also has significant experience in advising clients at the investigatory stage of matters, assisting clients to identify and prepare claims, identify and recover assets and preparing interim applications for the preservation of assets and documentation.
- Successfully acting for the joint liquidators of LRH Services Limited in a High Court claim brought against the company directors for breach of duty arising out of the reorganisation of the company's group structure (LRH Services Ltd (In Liquidation) -v- Raymond Trew and Others  EWHC 600 (Ch)).
- Advising the receiver of a large hotel chain in claims before the Cypriot courts arising out of the granting of third-party leases in breach of security.
- Acting for the officeholders of a company which was involved in a highly contested and complex claim relating to a large piece of land owned by the company which required third party litigation funding
- Acting for an ultra-high net worth individual in relation to both arbitration and High Court claims arising out of an alleged $1bn fraud.
- Acting for liquidators in relation to claims for breach of duty and antecedent transactions arising out of the use of unlawful tax schemes and missing trader fraud, including matters where respondents were resident out of the jurisdiction.