Emma specialises in all aspects of employment law having joined the employment team over ten years ago. She predominantly acts for employers, including a number of football clubs, media organisations, retailers and Plcs.
Emma has particular expertise in the sports and media, logistics and retail sectors. Emma also has vast experience of industrial relations law and acts for a number of clients who recognise trade unions and also advises one of the UK's largest trade union and professional bodies.
Emma’s contentious work covers the whole range of Tribunal claims, including whistleblowing and discrimination claims, and she has been instructed on a number of high profile matters.
Her non-contentious experience includes drafting contractual documentation and advising on settlement agreements and the enforceability of post-termination restrictions. Emma also has experience of dealing with high profile and senior management company exits.
Emma has completed a number of secondments to clients of the firm and most recently worked in-house for a media client advising on a large scale redundancy process.
Emma is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and a University of Law mentor.
- Advising a high profile media client in relation to a large scale redundancy process.
- Advising a logistics client and an industrial services client on an ongoing basis in relation to industrial relations issues with their respective recognised trade unions.
- Successfully resolving various Tribunal claims via mediation and conciliation avoiding the needs for the parties to continue with litigation.
- Bringing and defending claims on behalf of various clients in the Tribunals of Northern Ireland.
- Advising football clubs on all employment relations matters including representation in Tribunal claims.