Fran is an employment law specialist with over 15 years’ experience. Acting mainly for businesses, her work covers both contentious and non-contentious employment work.
She offers solution focused, commercial advice on the full spectrum of employment law issues to a wide range of clients. Recent contentious work has included High Court injunctive proceedings and Employment Tribunal proceedings covering holiday pay, discrimination and whistleblowing. Fran’s non-contentious work includes advising exiting executives on settlement agreements, working alongside corporate colleagues on acquisitions and disposals and reviewing and drafting employment contracts, service agreements and handbooks.
Alongside her contentious and non-contentious work she also takes a lead on producing client training materials and resources and has recently produced a full service employment law and HR training programme for a large national client.
How do you help clients?
I help clients take control of people issues in the workplace – from problems with individual members of staff to company-wide restructures, redundancies and other organisational changes. I provide clear advice on where the law stands, using my experience to translate the legal position into a practical way forward.
I take a common-sense and commercial approach to HR issues arising, helping clients to manage risk whilst being acutely aware of wider business concerns.
I take the time to understand each client’s business and the sector they are operating in to ensure that my advice is tailored to fit.
- Successfully defending a Respondent client in relation to a high value and complex unfair dismissal and holiday pay claim brought by 2 exiting senior personnel
- Successfully defending High Court litigation when a was client accused of inducing breach of restrictive covenants
- Securing injunctive relief for a client in relation to High Court litigation for breach of restrictive covenants.
- Acting for doctors returning to training and securing a successful outcome in litigation relating to the interpretation of contractual provisions for such doctors.
- Advising clients in the logistics sector on the potential impact of TUPE when contracts are won or lost.