- Location: Birmingham
- Email: Gemma Flanders
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 121 234 0621
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7843 377256
Gemma is an Associate in the firm’s Banking and Finance team in Birmingham. Gemma trained with Gateley and qualified with the firm in 2011.
Gemma specialises in corporate lending and banking transactions and is involved in structured finance and corporate lending deals, including leveraged buy-outs, project finance and restructuring.
Gemma has experience acting for banks as well as private equity investors and corporate borrowers in a range of sectors.
Gemma has previous experience of advising financial institutions, investors, companies/directors, insolvency practitioners and creditors on all aspects of security and its enforcement, restructuring, distressed acquisitions and disposals and formal insolvency processes.
Gemma has been on secondment to both Lloyds Bank Plc and Grant Thornton LLP.
Other successes include:
- Acting for various banking in respect of refinancing and taking new security.
- Acting for various banks in the review of their current security and providing advice in respect of any failings.
- Acting for the administrators in respect of the trading and sale of a national retailer with a significant number of stores on the UK high street.
- Acting for administrators in relation to the trading administration of a hotel chain and on the subsequent separate hotel sales.
- Advising numerous companies and individuals on the insolvency aspects of business and assets acquisitions from sellers in insolvency processes.
In her spare time, Gemma enjoys teaching and practising yoga and early morning weight lifting. She also enjoys a good book and attending the RSC theatre whenever possible. Gemma is an avid traveller – having visited over 50 countries. She also very much enjoys a much needed Friday evening glass of red wine!