Georgie is an experienced Chartered Surveyor. She specialises in advising on all land aspects of major infrastructure projects, including land referencing, acquisition, negotiations, compulsory purchase and Development Consent Order applications. She advises a range of infrastructure developers on the land aspects of their projects, including highways and renewable energy projects. In 2020 she qualified as an RICS Registered Expert Witness.
- Delivering compulsory purchase order acquisitions of residential, industrial, educational, commercial and hotel premises for a major infrastructure project in London.
- Preparing development consent order application documents for Highways England road schemes.
- Advising on complex land negotiations for a number of infrastructure projects, including being part of the team that prepared the development consent order application for Hinkley Point C and the pre-application work for Sizewell C.
- Assisting clients successfully gain access to land through Section 53 of the Planning Act 2008 and taking possession of properties acquired under compulsory purchase for HS2.
- Supporting acquiring authorities through the post-application and examination phase of the development consent order process.