Haroon is an experienced lawyer specialising in all aspect of planning, highways and compulsory purchase matters.
- Acting for Barnet Council (in it capacity as a joint venture development partner) in relation to the Brent Cross regeneration scheme; advising on the planning, environmental, highways and compulsory purchase aspects of the project.
- Acting for a consortium comprised of some of the country’s largest housebuilders in relation to a development in Winchester involving the provision of 3,500 new homes.
- Acting for a housebuilder client in defending complex and protracted judicial review proceedings brought by a well-funded third party.
- Conducting a planning appeal on behalf of a landowner client with respect to a planning refusal by a North London local authority and succeeding in both winning the appeal and securing a significant costs order in favour of my client.
- Acting for a developer client in relation to a regeneration project in Slough, as development partner of the local planning authority; advising on the planning and compulsory purchase aspects of the project.