Heather provides advice and support to a number of clients working in wide ranging industries including insurance, retail, construction, professional services, recruitment and manufacturing.
Delivering support on issues which cover the full range of employment law, Heather is part of her client’s wider HR team advising on day-to-day workplace issues and larger restructure and litigious matters.
Heather has significant experience in drafting, amending and negotiating contractual documentation and policies and in achieving results in the Employment Tribunal setting.
She has experience in high value project work, notably involving IT outsourcing, where the focus has been on employee relations, TUPE compliance and redundancies.
Heather has specialist knowledge in immigration matters; complementing her employment practice with an ability to support clients with compliance matters and the recruitment of migrants.
- Providing HR and legal resource to a high street retailer who decided to outsource its IT service delivery initiating TUPE consultation and resulting in geographical redundancies.
- Successfully representing a claimant gaining a landmark decision in respect of pay protection provisions in the NHS.
- Supporting and delivering employee consultation for a client in the construction industry involving TUPE on an outsourcing involving various measures impacting employees and multi-jurisdictional issues.
- Acting for a respondent in a high level Employment Tribunal claim forming part of a larger scale dispute between the parties worth circa £10m.
- Representing a respondent involved in a complex equal pay claim with wide reaching implications.