Ian is a seasoned Chartered Surveyor with a depth of knowledge and experience in property development matters/ compulsory purchase and landlord and tenant matters.
He has worked in all 3 sectors public, private and charity so has a good collective knowledge of property owners and has dealt with many major projects in each of the sectors. With this knowledge and understanding Ian can provide added value on projects and on individual matters.
Ian has experience of working on both sides of the fence so has a good understanding of what the “other sides” expectations are. This gives him a balanced view in advising whoever he is acting for and has enabled him to build strong working relationships with project teams and individuals.
He has and is currently provides compulsory purchase advice and cost estimates to both acquiring authorities and claimants on a range of complex cases.
Ian has a range of experience in dealing with a wide range of property types including office, industrial, retail, residential, agricultural, development land/sites and amenity land.
- Advising on the sale of the former South Staffs Railway Line to the West Midlands Combined Authority for a new tram line, Ian acted on behalf of Network Rail.
- Advising on the Trans Pennine Route Upgrade project (West of Leeds) for Network Rail to provide a major upgrade of the line.
- Advising and dealing with all property matters for Network Rail on Project Atlantic to move from a national distribution model to a regional distribution model for its material distribution network.
- Project Managing all planning and construction matters for a new business park in Pershore.
- Advising on the redevelopment of a former industrial complex into a modern business park in Worcester, creating quality business accommodation for small businesses.