James qualified as a solicitor in October 2019 and joined Gateley in October 2020. James acts for national housebuilders advising on a variety of matters including acquisitions, option agreements and ancillary documentation.
Before joining Gateley, James undertook his training contract at a regional law firm where he sat in the firm’s Residential Development department and represented national housebuilders acting on the full range of development transactions.
- Advising a client on the acquisition of land for development for circa £5m.
- Acting for a developer on the disposal of affordable housing units to a Registered Provider.
- Acting for a client on the sale of potential development land including completion of an overage agreement.
- Acting for a developer in negotiating and completing a Section 106 Agreement.
- Acting for developers in completing infrastructure agreements.