Jane Cowley provides a comprehensive service for our clients on all aspects of relationship and family matters including issues arising in relation to the individual, their family, their property and their business interests. Jane’s experience includes:
- Divorce and civil partnership dissolution
- Living together arrangements
- Financial negotiations and disputes
- Prenuptial negotiations and disputes
- Separation agreements
- International jurisdictional issues
- Farming and Agriculture businesses
- Shareholder disputes
- Family businesses and affected assets including property and land
- All issues relating to children and maintenance issues
- Grandparent rights
- Civil partnerships
- Collaborative practice and disputes
How do you help clients?
I assist individuals and families in protecting their legacy assets against challenge in the event of relationship breakdown.
I assist business owners in protecting their business assets in anticipation of relationship breakdown including business reorganisation.
I assist families and individuals in dealing with their assets following relationship breakdown including married couples and unmarried couples, their children and their wider family members.
I assist families in preparation of Family Charter/Family Constitution where required and I assist in dealing with disputes relating to children.
I assist families in dealing with all issues relating to financial matters including capital, income, business and pension provision.
- Advising a Russian national client with extensive assets in both Russia and UK in a divorce and financial remedy case involving extensive assets, significant tax considerations and considerations for cross-border business structures.
- Acting for a father in Schedule 1 Children Act matters, whereby parties were property developers involved in a landed estate development project, the purchase of which was covered by a Declaration of Trust.
- Acting for a husband in a divorce and financial remedy case, involving significant assets in the United Kingdom, Japan and United States with complex tax consideration.
- Advising a mother in protracted litigation against a father alleged to have negatively influenced their two children against the mother. Achieved successful outcome for client.
- Acting for a wife in a divorce and financial remedy case involving a second marriage of 12 years duration, with significant pre-acquired assets. Achieved successful outcome and protection of assets for client.