Jim’s practice covers the provision of tax advice to clients undertaking domestic and international corporate transactions.
He also specialises in the VAT and stamp taxes issues arising from real estate development and investment transactions.
How do you help clients?
I help clients find solutions to the tax issues associated with corporate and real estate transactions, while ensuring that their exposure to residual tax risk is managed.
- Advising EDP Renováveis in relation to the Moray East and Moray West wind energy projects.
- Advising Scottish and Southern Energy on their acquisition of Slough Heat and Power from Slough Estates.
- Advising Stork Technical Services on its acquisition of the RBG worldwide group.
- Advising Royal Bank of Scotland on the spin-out of Direct Line Insurance.
- Advising Aberdeen Asset Management on numerous property investment and development transactions.