Joseph undertakes all aspects of insolvency and corporate recovery work, specialising in contentious matters. He acts for a variety of clients including insolvency practitioners, directors and investors.
Joseph primarily assist officeholders with their investigations into insolvent companies and individuals, with a view to recovering misappropriated funds for the estates. He works on cases involving fraud, misfeasance, negligence and tax avoidance often with an international element. He also works on transactional insolvency and general civil litigation matters.
Joseph trained at Gateley and spent a busy summer on secondment at Everton Football Club in 2016, advising on deals worth over £200m.
- Advising the claimant in the case of 44 Wellfit Street Limited v GMR Services Limited  EWHC 1841 (Ch) resulting in the recovery of a £2.5m development property and indemnity costs being awarded.
- Advising the liquidators of an insolvent group of companies in securing a worldwide freezing order against a former director. Our clients were eventually awarded over £8m by the court.
- Advising on the trading administration of a manufacturer of plastic moulds, facilitating the sale of the business in a deal which resulted in a healthy return to creditors.
- Advising private equity investors in relation to potential fraudulent misrepresentation claims against directors of investment vehicles.
- Advising creditors in relation to retention of title claims in high profile administrations such as House of Fraser and Debenhams.