Katie undertakes a range of commercial, data protection and non-contentious intellectual property work. She also sits within the sports team of the practice and regularly advises a number of football clubs and other sports organisations on all aspects of commercial contracts and data protection law with a focus on sponsorship, supplier contracts, IT software, consultancy and licensing agreements.
- Assisting with the negotiation and preparation of sponsorship agreements for a number of Premiership football clubs.
- Working on secondment with Manchester Football Club, assisting their in-house legal team with all aspects of commercial contracts.
- Assisting with the production of the Sport England funded ‘Sports and Recreation Alliance’ toolkit, comprising a series of templates specifically tailored for NGBs, clubs and other sports bodies to help them achieve compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Presenting at and running a number of Data Protection conferences and workshops including the LawInSport Annual Conference.
- Carrying out data protection compliance reviews for a number of major recruitment agencies