Ken has wide ranging experience of all aspects of restructuring, insolvency and turnaround work, with an emphasis on transactional and advisory work.
He has advised lenders, insolvency practitioners, companies and directors, creditors and stakeholders for many years, operating across a wide variety of industries and business sectors.
Ken has spent time on secondment with a national lender in the UK and with the high value restructuring team at a leading overseas bank.
Ken is recognised by his clients for giving quick technical and commercial advice on complex matters.
Ken is a keen speaker on corporate recovery related topics and is the co-author of the publication Buying and Selling Insolvent Companies and Businesses. In 2015, Ken contributed the chapter on UK law in Retention of Title in and out of insolvency.
He is a member of the Insolvency Lawyers Association and INSOL Europe, and was formerly a non-appointment taking Licensed Insolvency Practitioner.
How do you help clients?
I help a variety of stakeholders in times of financial distress for a business, ranging from advising a funder on protecting its investment in a company to guiding a board through the pressures of a difficult period of trading.
My primary aim in all restructuring assignments is to preserve value for all interested parties, and to rescue the business as a going concern to ensure that not only is value financial value preserved, but also jobs and well-being in local communities can be protected. If a business cannot be preserved then I focus on maximising recovery for creditors in a timely and efficient manner.
- Advising boards, lenders, insolvency practitioners and other stakeholders on a wide range of issues relating to the impact of COVID-19 on businesses, and the availability and impact of government support measures and changes in legislation.
- Advising numerous boards and restructuring officers on trading in financial distress, both before and during the COVID-19 pandemic, pending restructuring of the business.
- Advising lenders, boards and other stakeholders on the restructuring of a wide range of businesses in many sectors, with a variety of solvent and insolvent solutions leading to rescue of the business.
- Advising the liquidator of a portfolio of more than 2,000 insolvent umbrella companies with a variety of complex factual and legal issues to be considered.
- Advising administrators on a successful administration application for an overseas registered company after Brexit.