Ken has wide ranging experience of all aspects of restructuring, insolvency and turnaround work, with an emphasis on transactional and advisory work.
He has advised lenders, insolvency practitioners, companies and directors, creditors and stakeholders for many years, operating across a wide variety of industries and business sectors.
Ken has spent time on secondment with a national lender in the UK and with the high value restructuring team at a leading overseas bank.
Ken is recognised by his clients for giving quick technical and commercial advice on complex matters.
Ken is a keen speaker on corporate recovery related topics and is the co-author of the publication Buying and Selling Insolvent Companies and Businesses. In 2015, Ken contributed the chapter on UK law in Retention of Title in and out of insolvency.
He is a member of Insolvency Lawyers Association and INSOL Europe, and was formerly a non-appointment taking Licensed Insolvency Practitioner.
How do you help clients?
I help a variety of stakeholders in times of financial distress for a business, ranging from advising a funder on protecting its investment in a company to guiding a board through the pressures of a difficult period of trading.
- Advising boards, restructuring officers and administrators of a number of well-known high street retailers and brands.
- Restructuring a number of professional practices including solicitors, accountants and architects.
- Advising the liquidator on a large portfolio of insolvent umbrella companies under investigation by HMRC.
- Advising English trustees in relation to a trust placed into Chapter 11 bankruptcy in New York.
- Advising administrators in a reported case on retention of title claims (Sandhu t/a Isher Fashions UK -v- Jet Star Retail Limited (in administration) t/a Mark One).