Ken has wide ranging experience of all aspects of restructuring, insolvency and turnaround work, with an emphasis on transactional and advisory work.
He has advised lenders and investors, insolvency practitioners, companies and directors, creditors and stakeholders for many years, operating across a wide variety of industries and business sectors.
Ken has spent time on secondment with a national lender in the UK and with the high value restructuring team at a leading overseas bank.
Ken is recognised by his clients for giving quick technical and commercial advice on complex matters.
Ken is a keen speaker on restructuring and corporate recovery related topics and is the co-author of the publication Buying and Selling Insolvent Companies and Businesses. He has also contributed to other publications on insolvency related topics.
He is a member of the Insolvency Lawyers Association, INSOL Europe, and the TMA, and was formerly a non-appointment taking Licensed Insolvency Practitioner.
How do you help clients?
I help a variety of stakeholders in times of financial distress for a business, including advising a funder on protecting its investment in a company, guiding a board through the pressures of trading in the twilight zone and working with stakeholders to restructure a business via solvent or insolvent solutions.
- Advising lenders, boards, insolvency practitioners and other stakeholders on a wide range of trading and solvency issues arising during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advising lenders, boards and other stakeholders on the restructuring of a wide range of mid-market businesses in many sectors, utilising solvent and insolvent solutions to rescue and turn the business around.
- Advising the liquidator of a portfolio of more than 2,000 insolvent umbrella companies with a variety of complex factual and legal issues to be considered.
- Advising administrators on a successful administration application for an overseas registered subsidiary after Brexit. Subsequently advising on applications for recognition of the administration under Chapter 15 of the US Bankruptcy Code and a section 363 bankruptcy sale.
- Advising administrators of a UK crypto currency exchange on a variety of historic and ongoing issues arising before and after appointment.