Kevin established Gateley Capitus in 1997 and has many years’ experience advising clients on the use of capital allowances in commercial property transactions and investment. Kevin has a deep knowledge of all aspects of capital allowances and is regularly consulted by professionals in the property industry for his opinion and judgement on complex matters.
Kevin acts for many of our hospitality and retail clients and is particularly skilled in multi-site owner/occupier portfolio reviews. Kevin is also responsible for the firm’s international tax depreciation services and is a specialist in cost segregation analysis for expenditure incurred on international property investments and developments.
Notably, Kevin successfully negotiated with HMRC on behalf of a £1bn+ portfolio REIT and advised one of the UK’s largest pub companies on the introduction of a statistical sampling approach for the maximisation and simplification of their capital allowances claiming regime.
How do you help clients?
I help clients maximise their entitlement to tax relief in relation to expenditure incurred on property.
- Advising one of the UK’s largest privately-owned property investment firms in the UK for over 20 years with a combined portfolio of over £9bn.
- Advising an Asian investor on the acquisition of the home of a top London tourist attraction in a deal worth over £300m.
- Advising one of the UK’s fastest growing real estate investors on the accumulation and development of over 15m sq. ft. of commercial properties.
- Advising a global data centre company on the development of a portfolio of data centres in the UK.
- Advising one of Europe’s largest real estate investors with assets of over £14bn.