Mike is a seasoned business psychologist who works with senior HR professionals and other business leaders to accelerate the necessary shifts in mindset and skillset to enable individuals, teams and organisations to successfully navigate their changing operating landscape.
Prior to entering consultancy in 2000, Mike was a member of the divisional executive board for a leading chemical company, responsible for strategy, finance, IT and HR worldwide.
A marketing professional by background, his 15 year line management career involved him in holding marketing positions in both consumer and business-to-business markets, running businesses based in Europe, Middle East, and Latin America, and leading transformational business change programmes, prior to working as an executive leader.
Mike has been working as a business psychologist for around 20 years. He combines his experience in business with his expertise in business psychology to accelerate individual and team effectiveness. Bringing a pragmatic and business focused approach, underpinned by robust frameworks and straightforward processes, he enables executive teams to achieve shared clarity about what they are there to do, the roles they need to play in getting there, and the momentum required to lead change.
How do you help clients?
I help clients identify the shifts in leadership behaviour required to meet the challenges of their changing operating context.
I help clients assess their leadership bench-strength and gain insight into what they need to do to improve it.
- Leading a programme for a global consumer products company designed to shift the mindsets of their country Managing Directors to those required in an increasingly globally integrated business.
- Helping a leading defence and aerospace company assess the functional capability of their business development function globally.
- Identifying leaders with the ambition and ability to play their part in leading the transformation of a consumer products company.
- Enabling the executive team of a European insurance company to set themselves up for success in a post-Brexit operating environment.
- Enabling a high potential leader to overcome their limiting beliefs and put themselves forward for more senior roles in a leading UK retailer.