As a Certified Fraud Examiner, Mikhail specialises in fraud and corruption investigations, asset tracing and asset recovery, forensics, FCPA/UKBA, compliance, and dispute resolution support.
Mikhail’s professional career spans over 20 years and includes a broad range of investigative experience in forensic accounting, forensic auditing, fraud-related interviewing, e-discovery, data analytics and business intelligence. He has worked across Russia, CIS, Baltics, United States, UK, and Western Europe and his clients include large multinationals and major global corporations and financial institutions.
Mikhail is a frequent speaker at international events and conferences on topics of financial crime, fraud, and corruption.
What problems do you help clients with?
I help organisations to forensically analyse risk within their businesses, in particular in relation to fraud and financial investigations often dealing with large amounts of complex data from lots of sources.
Using my skills as a fraud examiner, I can help clients across the investigation lifecycle including business intelligence; fraud-related interviewing; documentary evidence collection and analysis; and acquiring, processing and analysing data.
- Led field work in major financial crime investigation of one of the biggest banks in Europe, responsible for conducting forensic interviews, electronic evidence collection (computer forensics), email and electronic document review.
- Investigated multiple fraud schemes (asset misappropriation, conflict of interest, related party transactions) at major automotive industry company in CIS.
- Developed analysis to support a defence strategy against a hostile acquisition by a private equity investment fund.
- Completed an international FCPA investigation for Fortune 100 company in the food and beverage industry.
- Completed a significant number of forensic assignments including fraud investigation at an international hotel chain, construction project investigation, confidential information leak investigation, asset recovery investigation, reputational due diligence, and e-review support on internal investigation.