Based in Reading, Owen has specialised in family law since he started his training contract in 1996. Owen advises on all aspects of family law including divorce, matrimonial finances, cohabitee disputes, disputes about children, domestic violence injunctions and pre- and post- nuptial agreements. Owen is also a Collaborative Lawyer, so can conduct cases in a more conciliatory manner using the Collaborative Law route.
Owen has a wealth of experience having started his career dealing with Legal Aid cases including complex children cases. During this time he has acted for clients in divorce and financial proceedings in both small money and high net worth cases, including Section 37 injunctions to freeze assets.
Owen has acted for clients in the Family and High Court in relation to children disputes about contact, residence, leave to remove from the jurisdiction of the Court of England and Wales and relocation.
Well-respected for his no nonsense approach and constructive advice, Owen prepares pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements to try and prevent future disputes.
How do you help clients?
I help clients with the following problems:
- Divorce & civil partnership dissolution
- Financial negotiations & disputes
- Collaborative law
- Cohabitee disputes
- Separation agreements
- Child maintenance issues
- Children disputes for both parents and grandparents
- Prenuptial & postnuptial agreements
- Living together agreements
- Injunctions (financial and domestic violence)
- Succeeding in overturning a Section 37 freezing injunction in complex divorce financial proceedings involving a successful family business and winning the Appeal application made by the other side in the same case against the Court’s decision.
- Concluding many complex divorce financial cases by agreement between the parties, using the Collaborative Law process and using the traditional Court process.
- Drafting very complex pre-nuptial agreements concerning many properties and family businesses, therefore protecting family wealth.
- Succeeding in obtaining a Special Guardianship Order for a great-grandmother and leave for her to remove her great-granddaughter from the UK in contested proceedings.
- Succeeding in the application for leave to remove children from England and Wales to Australia.