Paul is a general commercial lawyer whose practice covers the full range of commercial agreements but who has developed a particular specialism in projects and transactions involving procurement, supply chain management or logistics.
Since qualifying in the mid-90s Paul has worked for a wide variety of businesses in many different sectors, from start-ups to multinational corporates. He has advised on numerous high profile or complex projects including leading international outsourcing deals for some of the UK’s largest corporates and providing them with board level advice on strategic commercial issues. He also spends a good deal of time working with smaller or newer businesses and start-ups, helping them to design their optimal trading models. He is the lead relationship contact for a number of clients and enjoys playing an active role in supporting their businesses.
Paul has acted as client care partner for some of the largest clients engaged by the firms he has worked for, including Associated British foods Plc, British American Tobacco, Henkel Loctite and ASOS.
How do you help clients?
- I help clients by finding the best legal structure to fit their commercial plans.
- I simplify complex projects
- I help in-house teams deal with overflow and specialist projects.
- I design better engagement models to improve the efficiency of using external counsel.
- Advising a FTSE top 5 manufacturing business on a project to create an entirely new global supply chain model to launch a new product range, including providing strategic advice on structural options as well as leading the contract negotiations.
- Advising a major provider of serviced office space on the outsourcing of the provision of facilities services to its UK estate.
- Advising a household name FMCG business on the outsourcing of its UK warehousing requirements involving the creation of a new national UK distribution centre.
- Advising a consortium in relation to the creation of a contractual joint venture to deliver logistics services in relation to the HS2 project.
- Advising one of the UK’s largest utility businesses on a global BPO deal relating to its accounting and reporting systems.