Paul heads the Firm’s shipping team. He has practised in the shipping and offshore sector since qualifying in 1988. During his career Paul has worked in London, Hong Kong and Norway. Paul also heads a superyacht group.
Paul has extensive experience in international shipping transactions and disputes, acting for shipowners, charterers, shipbuilders, banks and commodities traders. He is regularly instructed by P&I insurers. He also has considerable experience in advising the offshore industry.
Paul heads a superyacht group specialising in building contracts, sale and purchase, regulatory and disputes. The team has advised on issues with some of the world’s biggest superyachts, and works closely with Gateley’s UHNW private client group to offer clients an excellent private client experience.
- The sale of a mobile production offshore unit in SE Asia with attendant regulatory and end-of-life advice;
- Advice to numerous owners and charterers of superyachts on the termination of charters following the coronavirus epidemic;
- Acting for Owners of a heavylift vessel on a multi- million dollar dispute concerning vessel and cargo damage and delay in delivery following a lengthy detention;
- Advising the borrowers on £50 million financings secured on superyacht fleets;
- Advising a Spanish shipyard on a 100m superyacht building contract