Peter is an experienced Adjudicator, Arbitrator, Expert and Mediator with specialist knowledge of all aspects of the construction industry.
He has extensive experience in adjudicating construction disputes and in mediating personnel, pharmaceutical, finance, manufacturing, land and construction disputes.
He is particularly interested and experienced in combining mediation with other means of dispute resolution, the benefit often being that parties resolve their disputes in a shorter timeframe, saving time and money for all involved.
Peter also has 30 years’ experience in advising banks and company directors on a range of corporate restructure and recovery issues in the construction sector.
Peter’s specialties include:
- Construction Adjudication, Arbitration and Expert Determination
- Mediation in multi-party multi-issue disputes
- Corporate restructuring and recovery
With over 600 appointments as Adjudicator, 500 as Mediator and 200 as Expert, Expert Determiner and Arbitrator, Peter is a recognised expert in his field and has ongoing involvement in industry bodies and organisations including:
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and RICS Scotland
- Royal Institute of British Architects
- Chartered Institute or Arbitrators
- Centre for Dispute Resolution
- Technology and Construction Solicitors Association
- London Court of International Arbitration
- Construction Conciliation Group
- International Mediation Institute
- Northern Association of Mediators
- Northwest Mediation Solutions
- Association of Northern Mediators
- ADR Group
- Expedite Resolution
How do you help clients?
I help Parties resolve disputes and advise directors and companies on matters relating to insolvency in the construction industry.
I take appointments as Adjudicator, Arbitrator, Expert Determiner, and Mediator, acting as a party representative and advising clients involved in all the above dispute resolution processes. I also accept appointments as an Expert on quantum and value matters.
- Acting as Adjudicator – Dispute related to a tunnelling and infrastructure delay and loss and expense. Value £15m.
- Acting as Mediator – Dispute related to multi-party land contamination and remediation schemes. Value £7m.
- Acting as Expert Determiner – Dispute related to land purchase and contract price fixing after the deduction of abnormal costs. Value £125m.
- Acting as Arbitrator – Mechanical and electrical compensation events claim on a major university clean room project. Value £3.5m.
- Acting as Adjudicator – Dispute related to a final account of major civil engineering infrastructure works. Value £9m.