Phil specialises in commercial property development work, acting for developers and end user occupiers on complex and large scale development schemes. He has particular expertise in acting on retail development projects and regeneration schemes.
In addition to advising on development transactions, Phil has experience in acting on significant investment and portfolio sale and purchase transactions as well as all types of landlord and tenant matters.
How do you help clients?
I help property developers structure their deals so to de-risk complex transactions where possible and negotiate contract documents so as to enable transactions to be managed and controlled in line with client expectations.
- Acting for Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc on numerous new supermarket development schemes including a large scale retail and industrial scheme in Croydon and regeneration mixed use schemes in London and other regions of the UK.
- Acting for a Yorkshire-based investment property company on its multi-million pound acquisition of a portfolio of 15 let retail properties.
- Acting for an investment fund on its acquisition of a portfolio of retail properties in the South East for consideration of in excess of £100m.
- Acting for a developer on its acquisition of a large brownfield site, its funding arrangements connected to it and its post-acquisition development (and disposal) of it for a retail phase, residential phase and care home facility phase.
- Acting for a Yorkshire-based developer on a city centre mixed use regeneration project with the local council, advising on complex structure issues (including potential procurement and state aid concerns), requiring multi-party interests to be acquired and complicated funding arrangements.