Richard is highly regarded for his innovation, broad experience and thought leadership in all types of financing transactions.
Richard works on highly complex, demanding and innovative deals and is renowned for providing the highest quality legal advice for more than 20 years to governments, banks, funds, UK and international institutions and corporates.
Richard is author and contributing editor to the leading textbook Modern Financial Regulation.
How do you help clients?
My expertise includes:
- acquisition and leveraged finance
- leasing and asset finance for aircraft
- asset-based lending
- real estate finance, both investment and development
- loan finance of all kinds acting for the borrower and/ or investor
- bank and non-bank lending and other alternate sources of debt financing
- high profile restructuring and turnaround cases.
- Advising HSBC Bank USA, N.A. in relation to credit facilities in connection with the £1.5bn recommended cash offer by Colfax UK Holdings Limited for Charter International Plc.
- Advising Cordant Group Plc in the £120m refinancing with a syndicate of bank and ABL lenders.
- Advising for Callcredit Information Group Limited on its refinancing with GE Corporate Finance Bank SAS, Ares Capital Europe Limited and among others.
- Advising PNC in relation to various asset-based lending facilities made available to assist with the acquisition of a private limited automotive components company.