Sarah is a commercial lawyer in our Commerce, Technology & Media practice.
She advises clients across a range of sectors including technology, manufacturing, food and drink, retail, hotels, and financial services with particular experience in the fields of FinTech, FoodTech, AgriTech, and Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Sarah can help with:
• Contractual joint ventures
• Outsourcing (of IT and business processes)
• Supply and procurement of goods and services
• Supply chain risk management
• IT implementation
• RPA integration
• R&D collaborations
• Development, exploitation and licensing of technology products and solutions (including cloud-based)
• Managed services and solutions
• Privacy by design and GDPR compliance
How do you help clients?
Having worked across sectors on matters with FTSE 100, financial services, and public sector clients, including at the Big Four, my focus is on delivering agile and pragmatic legal solutions that are value-based and tailored to my clients’ commercial and wider objectives (including environmental and CSR):
I help clients to balance innovation with legal and regulatory compliance and secure returns on investment when developing and exploiting new technology solutions or integrating it into existing supply-chains.
I help clients to improve efficiencies and increase margins by advising on the integration of robotics into complex multi-vendor environments. I have worked on a number of high-value business process outsourcing and transformation projects, advising well-known financial institutions on the legal aspects of change implementation.
I am a pro-active member of several consumer markets associations and have assisted both start-ups and SMEs to create sustainable products and waste-efficient solutions in the FoodTech and AgriTech community.
I work with hospitality clients to design and deliver new business models and maximise brand growth through franchising, licensing, and the performance management and improvement of distribution channels.
- Advising on the £160M pound outsourcing of PPI claims processing by a major commercial bank and the negotiation of complex service level agreements following integration of robotics software into the service delivery model
- Negotiating a large-scale IT transformation and implementation services agreement for a FTSE100 natural resources company.
- Advising a Big4 professional services firm on its collaboration with a major law firm to develop and deploy a managed FinTech solution (digital derivatives compliance system) used by global investment banks to deal with regulatory divergence
- Providing de-merger advice on the re-negotiation and novation of key framework agreements for a FTSE100 postal and courier services group
- Leading GDPR compliance programmes and advising UK government departments and public sector bodies on the far-reaching legal implications of Britain’s exit from the European Union and future-proofing commercial contracts