Sean has considerable experience in construction litigation and dispute resolution acting for national housebuilders, developers, main contractors, subcontractors and end user employers. Sean has a particular interest in settling disputes prior to the escalation of costs, be this by way of strategic advice or by adjudication.
Sean also has experience in non-contentious construction matters, including advising on, and negotiation of, standard form contracts (including JCT and NEC) along with bespoke forms of contract and supporting documents such as appointments, warranties and guarantees.
- Acting for a national housebuilder in a series of disputes (totalling in excess of £500,000) with a brickwork subcontractor concerning payment and termination disputes. The matter was settled on a ‘drop hands’ basis from the following a total of 10 adjudications.
- Acting for a household name vehicle manufacturer in relation to a multi-million pound defective paving claim against the project architects and main contractor. The matter settled shortly before trial on favourable terms for the client.
- Acting for a consortium of national housebuilders in relation to a breach of contract/ professional negligence claim against a design contractor; damages expected to exceed £5m.
- Advising a specialist sub-contractor in relation to payment and delay disputes with a main contractor in relation to a landmark development in Birmingham.
- Acting for a national housebuilder in relation to a dispute surrounding termination and defective works; damages expected to exceed £500,000.