Simon qualified as a solicitor in October 2015 and joined Gateley in May 2018. He acts for developers, housebuilders and landowners on the acquisitions and sales of development sites and has experience in dealing with a range of strategic land agreements including land options, conditional contracts and promotion and collaboration agreements.
Prior to joining Gateley, Simon gained experience in all aspects of commercial real estate work with a particular focus on secured lending transactions having acted for a number of institutional lenders whilst working for a city firm.
Simon has also acted for a number of farmers and rural landowners and advised on grants of licences, easements and other rights over land.
- Acting for a development consortium in taking an option over a 150 acre site in Berkshire.
- Assisting a consortium in negotiating an agreement with the local authority to remove restrictive covenants prohibiting development.
- Dealing with a sale of affordable housing to a housing association on 70 acre site in Hertfordshire.
- Acting for a landowner in the sale of a plot of land incorporating overage and clawback provisions.
- Assisting on a sub-sale of a site subject to overage.