- Location: Manchester
- Email: Stephen Maynard
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 161 836 7792
- Direct Fax: +44 (0) 161 836 7701
Stephen is a senior associate in the Pensions department. He advises trustees and employers of occupational pension schemes on all aspects of pensions law as well as advising businesses on the pensions aspects arising from corporate transactions and restructurings.
Stephen advises trustees and employers of occupational pension schemes on their duties and responsibilities. His experience in this area includes advising on the interpretation of scheme documentation and overriding legislation.
- Advising the trustees of a large trade union’s pension scheme on a full consolidation of the scheme’s governing documentation.
- Managing several schemes through the transition process into the Pension Protection Fund.
- Advising the shareholders of a business on the wind up of their defined benefit pension scheme simultaneously with the sale of the business.
Stephen is a keen (although not particularly successful) sportsman, regularly playing football, tennis and golf. He also enjoys cooking and travelling.