Sydney is a Chartered Legal Executive with nearly nine years’ experience in site set-up, residential development and related matters.
She qualified and gained a wealth of experience working in-house for a Sussex-based developer, working on both large London-based regeneration and mixed-use development schemes, together with smaller, more unique developments.
Sydney joined the Gateley site set-up team in January 2020 and now handles complex site set-up schemes across London and the South East for both major housebuilders and smaller developers.
Her expertise includes setting up estate management schemes
for large multi-phased developments consisting of private units, affordable housing and commercial units. Sydney drafts plot sales documentation (contracts, leases and transfers) and provides ongoing development advice throughout the lifetime of the scheme.
She works closely with clients to establish their long-term goals and ensure that the disposals are structured to allow a clean reversionary sale to third parties or the resident’s management company.
- Advising clients on the structure of sites for drafting purposes such as retaining ransom land, setting up a management company and putting in place freehold reversion contracts to allow the freehold to be dealt with free of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987.
- Advising on the implications of private for-sale dwellings contributing to the service charge shortfall of commercial premises.
- Advising on and drafting documentation for the set-up of a large multi-phased development of over 1,000 dwellings in Sussex for a major housebuilder.
- Setting up procedures for compliance and redemption of title matters such as Legal Charges, Restrictions and Overage Agreements.
- Acting on later living/ retirement developments with complex communal area structuring with commercial elements available to members of the public.