Thomas advises clients on all areas of intellectual property. This includes providing advice and assistance in relation to trade marks, passing off, copyright, designs, patents, confidential information and domain names.
He assist clients in filing and obtaining trade mark and registered design protection for their brands in the UK and internationally, as well as enforcing their rights against third parties at the UK Intellectual Property Office, in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court and the High Court.
Thomas has recently been seconded to Al Fakher, an international shisha tobacco manufacturer to assist with the group’s intellectual property portfolio, advising on international customs matters, advising on domain name purchases and carrying out social media takedowns.
Thomas is also a notary public, one of only around 800 in the country. This qualification means that he is able assist clients with international transactions by authenticating and attesting powers of attorney and other documentation.
- Advising an international pharmaceutical company on the protection of its trademark portfolio.
- Advising a leading UK vaping business on the protection of its trademark portfolio, dealing with numerous successful oppositions and applications.
- Bringing and defending numerous trademark oppositions at the UK Intellectual Property Office and EU Intellectual Property Office.
- Advising and assisting clients on the transfer of domain names.
- Advising a leading international window company on the protection of its intellectual property rights, with particular focus on trademarks and copyright.