Thomas deals on a day to day basis with all areas of intellectual property. This includes advising clients on trademarks, passing off, copyright, designs, patents, confidential information and domain names.
Thomas assists clients in filing and obtaining protection for their brands as well as enforcing their rights against third parties, this includes in the UK courts and at the UK Intellectual Property Office.
Thomas has recently been seconded to Al Fakher, an international shisha tobacco manufacturer to assist with their general commercial work assisting with general commercial contracts and IP advice.
Thomas is also a notary public, one of only around 800 in the country. This qualification means that he is able to assist clients with international transactions by authenticating and attesting powers of attorney and other documentation.
- Advising an international pharmaceutical company on the protection of its trademark portfolio.
- Advising a leading UK vaping business on the protection of its trademark portfolio, dealing with numerous successful oppositions and applications.
- Bringing and defending numerous trademark oppositions at the UK Intellectual Property Office and EU Intellectual Property Office.
- Advising and assisting clients on the transfer of domain names.
- Advising a leading international window company on the protection of its intellectual property rights, with particular focus on trademarks and copyright.