As a GIS Technician, Tom is responsible for producing land referencing plans via the utilisation of geographic information system (GIS) and computer-aided design (CAD) software, to assist the Land Referencing Team in line with client requirements.
In addition to producing and reviewing plans in GIS, as instructed from the Land Referencing Team, Tom Refers to Her Majesty’s Land Registry Site Maps for georeferencing purposes.
Tom also undertakes daily administrative tasks such as obtaining quotes for Ordnance Survey Mapping, electronic file organisation & categorisation, filing correspondence regarding commissions/projects. Occasionally Tom will assist the Land Reference team with site visits.
- Staveley Gas Works, Chesterfield - Creating an ad-hoc overlay plan for a client within AutoCAD via the dissemination and correlation of multiple geospatial data sets for an Associate within Gateley Hamer.
- Green Man Lane Phase 4, Ealing – Creating a CPO (Compulsory Purchase Order) plan, within GIS, containing plots of land on multiple level for the London Borough Of Ealing.
- Coventry Station, Birmingham – Constructing a GVD (General Vesting Declaration) & NTT/NTE (Notice To Treat/Notice To Entry) plan, adhering to Birmingham’s plan layouts for the Council Of The City Of Coventry.
- Oxfordshire HIF 1 - Formulating a series of LO (Land Ownership) plans containing freehold, leasehold & rent charge land titles for Oxfordshire County Council.
- A55 Junctions 15 & 16 – Georeferencing Land Registry title plans to Ordnance Survey Mapping in readiness for Land Ownership Mapping for the Welsh Government.