- Location: Reading
- Email: Tracey O’Dwyer
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 118 951 9104
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7936 340 260
Tracey has specialised in Family Law since 2001 when she finished her training contract. Tracey deals with all aspects of family law, including divorce, matrimonial finances, disputes about children including child arrangements and relocation, and financial/property issues arising from unmarried couples separating. Tracey is accredited by the Law Society for Family Law. Tracey is a trained mediator working towards accreditation.
Tracey is experienced in all aspects of matrimonial finances, including those involving complex issues or issues of non-disclosure.
Tracey has acted in a number of child arrangement applications, including where issues have arisen in relation to harm, parental alienation and substance abuse.
Tracey has acted in a number of cases where permission is sought to remove a child from the jurisdiction, both for the parent wishing to leave, and for the parent resisting the application.
Tracey also advises in relation to cohabitation breakdown, including property disputes and for financial provision between unmarried parents.
- Concluded many matrimonial financial cases by consent, without the need for a court application to be issued.
- When proceeding to contested financial hearings, successfully running arguments for departures from equality, for example on the basis of contributions or needs.
- Resolving matters where complex issues have arisen as to capacity of the client, due to illness.
- Successfully acted in setting aside a financial order, made more than 10 years earlier, on the grounds of non-disclosure and forged documents.
- Successfully acted in defending applications for children to be removed from the jurisdiction, and when acting for the parent wishing to leave, successfully securing permission of the court to relocate. One such case has been reported.
Tracey is a keen off road cyclist, and also enjoys long walks. Tracey is qualified as a swimming teacher. She enjoys spending time with her family and entertaining.