No one wants to end up in employment disputes – employer or employee – but sometimes they are unavoidable.
We advise on the best course of action for employment disputes, whether it’s settlement or litigation. Having advised on thousands of employment disputes, our role is to keep costs and disruption to an absolute minimum.
The on-the-go app for HR professionals
Get our HR Hub app
Our HR Hub app makes it easy to access the very latest HR and employment law resources in a single location.
What do we do?
When faced with employment disputes – or a situation which could escalate into a dispute –pick up the phone or drop an email to one of our experienced employment litigators. We can help to nip the situation in the bud. We regularly advise our clients on what to do to avoid issues escalating, including clearer communication and delivering training to line managers and operational teams.
But if the situation does not improve or you receive a formal Employment Tribunal claim, we can support you at each stage of the employment disputes process:
- Is settlement the best option or would this have other ramifications?
- Do you have the budget to pursue this through litigation and do you need to stand firm on this issue?
- What roles do you or members of your team feel comfortable in delivering?
- Do you have the resource and experience to manage the dispute with support from us or would you prefer to outsource the project management of the dispute to us?
We tailor our approach for each dispute because every situation is different, even within the same organisation. We discuss options with you, always putting ourselves in your shoes; after all you know your business best. Your business knowledge combined with our employment law expertise and pragmatism should be a winning combination.
A client praises the firm, noting that ‘they will always find a business-focused solution’ and describing the lawyers as ‘very pragmatic and very committed to their clients’.
Who do we help?
We work with organisations of all sizes, typically working closely with HR, people and talent teams or senior executives and business owners.
We advise on employment disputes across all aspects of the employee/ employer relationship including:
- Unfair dismissal (actual and constructive) or wrongful dismissal
- Workforce restructuring, outsourcing and redundancy
- Diversity, discrimination and equal pay
- Pay and reward
- Discipline and grievance
- Breach of contract.
How much does this cost?
We take a pragmatic approach in relation to price, providing clients with a variety of options, including fixed fees, for advice at different stages of the dispute process.
In terms of an unfair or wrongful dismissal claim, we publish pricing guidance as required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority price transparency rules.