If you run a business – no matter how big or small – recruiting and retaining the highest-calibre people is always a top priority.
We specialise in advising both public and private companies on the most tax-efficient way to reward their employees by means of share-based incentives.
What do we do?
Our lawyers advise businesses and their owners on the design of the most appropriate employee share incentive strategies to keep costs down and employee engagement and tax efficiency up. We also advise employees and executives on the commercial and taxation impact that comes with being part of such an incentive scheme.
We’re well equipped to help you implement effective employee incentives and employee share schemes, by:
- choosing the type of share incentive arrangement that works best for your business and your employees, whether by using a government approved scheme or a bespoke scheme specific to particular circumstances;
- drafting all the relevant paperwork, including creating employee benefits trusts;
- advising on incentive packages for senior executives;
- designing the key terms of those packages; and
- helping your employees to understand the arrangements.
Gateley's ‘excellent’ team acts for large companies and senior executives on a broad range of issues.
Who do we help?
We advise owners, employees and management in companies of all types and sizes, from small-scale start-ups to larger corporates with thousands of staff. We can provide the full range of statutory approved share schemes or can create special arrangements that are particular to an individual or group of individuals.