Bereavement is a painful and emotional time. And when trust and estate matters don’t go smoothly, it can make it even tougher.
Bringing or defending disputes over wealth passing under a will or trust can be incredibly stressful. Obtaining expert legal advice at the outset can help resolve issues more quickly, potentially avoiding difficult and expensive litigation.
What do we do?
Our specialist lawyers can help you resolve will and trust disputes whether you’re a beneficiary, executor or a trustee in a pragmatic and sensible way. We have extensive experience with many different trusts and estates of varying complexity and value. Our team handles all aspects of contentious trust and probate disputes and actively encourage engagement in alternative dispute resolution methods where possible. And when it calls for it we robustly defend our clients’ interests in court proceedings.
We advise clients on a wide range of issues, particularly in connection with breach of trust claims and claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, arising out of complex and high-value estates.
The ‘well-respected’ team at Gateley Plc collaborates closely with the firm’s private client department…The caseload consists mainly of complex disputes and related professional negligence litigation.
We also advise on:
- negligent trust and estate planning advice
- rectification claims where wills do not reflect the will maker’s intentions
- actions against personal representatives and trustees for breach of duty and breaches of trust
- applications for the removal of personal representatives and trustees
- applications for orders against personal representatives for an inventory and account.
Who do we help?
We help individuals, trustees and executors bring or defend trust and probate disputes.