We are a consultancy that specialises in advising clients on the valuable tax incentives available for:
investment both in commercial property, and
innovation including R&D activities and the sale of patented products.
With experience drawn from the tax, property and R&D technical disciplines, we help you understand the tax legislation as it applies to your business. This, enables you to claim the tax relief you're entitled to.
We're proud to be tax geeks but the kind you wouldn't mind grabbing a coffee with to chat about property investments that you are looking to make or R&D which you are undertaking.
Get our Tax Incentives Calculators app
Discover how much tax relief your business could be claiming. Quickly estimate how much Capital allowance, Land remediation and R&D tax relief your business could claim using our intuitive calculators.
How Gateley Capitus helps clients
We work with businesses to identify and maximise the tax reliefs they are entitled to claim for investment in commercial property, expenditure on research and development activities, Patent income, or the remediation of contaminated land.
Our property team has worked with every type of investor and occupier. These range from offshore unit trusts and private individuals to REITs and traditional PropCos on all types of commercial property transactions.
Our innovation experts have helped companies across a wide variety of sectors, including many where the opportunity for tax incentive funding was not initially obvious.
Whether you are an investor or an occupier who buys or manages commercial properties, builds new schemes, refurbishes existing buildings or fits out space for occupation, capital allowances can save tax on the money spent. Our capital allowances service for all property investment includes:
- Analysing refurbishment and new construction project expenditures to understand make the most of plant and machinery allowances and other tax reliefs
- Pre-contract advice on purchases to ensure unclaimed allowances are identified and the right steps are taken at the time of the deal and preparing specialist valuations for capital allowances purposes
- Historical reviews of property portfolios to capture overlooked capital allowances
- Working with Gateley’s tax team to understand and manage wider implications and opportunities arising from property investment
- Advising on the disposal of property to ensure future tax relief is not surrendered unnecessarily
Tax efficient R&D
Many companies are now claiming R&D Tax Credits, there are over 80,000 claims a year for this generous Government incentive. However, there are still companies that are not receiving their full entitlement. Whatever the reason, we tailor our service towards your needs.
We have a team of technical and tax professionals to ensure you always receive the right advice.
The service includes:
- Assessing a company’s innovation to identify qualifying activities
- Producing the required technical and financial documentation to support the claim
- Fully managing the claim process and defending any HMRC challenge into the claim
- Fully reviewing previous claims submitted
Land Remediation Relief
Land remediation relief is the most generous tax incentive available for real estate expenditure. As specialists, we are able to assess the scope of qualifying works and maximise the true extent of tax relief.
As part of a company’s land purchase, it is vital to understand any potential costs associated with the removal of man-made and natural contamination or below ground obstructions. The implications of these issues can have a considerable impact on the viability of a development which needs to be addressed within the offer terms and purchase price.
When clean-up expenditure is incurred, our advice lowers a company’s tax bill or secures a cash payment from HM Revenue.
International tax depreciation analysis
Most countries have their own tax depreciation system that differs from UK capital allowances. For investors acquiring properties overseas, our tax depreciation analysis and cost segregation services maximise the tax relief available under the local rules in each jurisdiction. This can be achieved by accelerating the depreciation of a property at rates that reflect the economic life of each component element.
By preparing a tax depreciation and cost segregation analysis on the expenditure incurred on a purchase, refurbishment or new development, investors can:
- Reduce current and future tax liabilities
- Improve cash flow
- Free up capital for further investment
We can liaise and work with local advisors and provide a specialist service, making us a valuable partner when investing in commercial property worldwide.