Gateley stands apart from the crowd because of what we do and who we are.
The first commercial law firm to float on the London Stock Exchange, our strategy is to differentiate what we do by diversifying the professional services that we offer our clients and to incentivise our people .
It is this strategy that has seen our turnover nearly double since we listed and our team grow to around 1000 people.
We are a business that has a great story to tell and an even more exciting one planned.
Why are we different?
A legal and professional services group, we offer our employees opportunities that cannot easily be found in other businesses within our sector.
As a listed business, free of the usual constraints of a professional services partnership, our people are all employees.
We have introduced reward structures that recognise our team for delivering our growth strategy. This includes a bonus scheme as well as a share save scheme. Open to every member of the Gateley team so that everyone has the opportunity to participate in the future financial success of the business. 57% of our people participate in the Gateley share save scheme, compared to a UK average of 25% participation in similar schemes.
We recognise that reward is not always financial. This is why we have introduced a number of programmes which help our people to excel.
- Thrive focuses on health and well-being and helping Gateley people to strike a good work/ life balance. Focuses on health and well-being and helping Gateley people to strike a good work/ life balance.
- Inspire recognises that Gateley people need support at different times of their lives. This could be when they are returning to work after paternity/maternity leave. It can also be when caring for a parent or close family member. Inspire is also committed to supporting more women in achieving leadership positions within the business.
- Pride works with the Gateley LBGT+ community ensuring that every one within our business feels confident in being themselves in the work environment.
We also appreciate that the working environment has changed and agile working can be as effective, sometimes more so, than working onsite. 43% of our employees work flexibly and many more do on an ad hoc basis.
The Gateley Story
Years of growth
Why join the team?
You will be inspired to join Gateley because it is a successful legal and professional services group which has never, and will never, compromise its culture and shared values to achieve year-on-year success.
These shared values are captured within our Gateley Team Spirit:
- We work together, collaborating to bring out the best in each other;
- we are forward thinkers, motivated by change and doing things differently;
- we have room to breathe, supported in bringing the best of ourselves to work;
- we are trusted to do, encouraged to use our professional experience to deliver a great service to our internal and external clients; and
- we are ambitious for success, quietly confident and never boastful.
These are not just words that live on our website or in a staff handbook. This is the way that we do things within Gateley.
Across the group, we recognise members of our team that have gone and above and beyond through our annual Gateley Team Spirt awards.
Our training programme supports every team member in their employee development, whether through technical training, soft skills training, coaching and mentoring.
We also have an active social committee across the business who regularly run activities to get people together. So whether you are sporty and fancy being part of the Gateley triathlon team or playing football or netball in one of our offices, or exercising the grey matter through a quiz night or just popping along for some good food and conversation, there are lots of things to get involved with. Every two years we invite every member of the group to join us for a party to celebrate being part of this exceptional business.