Ability is our network group which supports employees with disabilities and raises awareness around neurodiversity.
Ability has been established to:
- provide a welcoming, supportive and confidential space for colleagues across the Group on issues of disability;
- provide a point of contact for, and deal with questions from, staff on disability on a confidential basis;
- raise awareness of disability-related issues across the Group;
- ensure enhanced awareness is reflected in a positive, inclusive and fulfilling working environment;
- provide opportunities for internal networking;
- to inform and influence the business on disability-related issues by providing an effective consultation mechanism for HR, learning and development, the strategic and operations boards;
- develop and maintain relationships with external disability groups and networks;
- work with and collaborate on projects with disability-related charities (including fundraising, volunteering and mentoring);
- review and update (if needed) all HR policies and procedures to ensure they are, and remain, inclusive.
We are proud to be Disability Confident Committed.
We are committed to inclusion and diversity in the workplace and are striving to play a leading role in changing attitudes for the better.