An important part of our purpose is supporting the communities in which we operate.
One of the ways we do this is through our charitable giving activities which we bring together within Gateley Gives.
Across our business, we’ve raised more than £1.5 million over the past decade for our chosen charities and community projects, as well as donating many hours to support these very deserving causes.
Recent projects include:
- Tour de Gateley – We have organised four charity cycle rides encouraging staff, clients and professional athletes to join us. In total we have raised over £20,000 by getting on our bikes!
- Candlelighters – In 2018 our Leeds office supported this charity which supports families facing children's cancer in Yorkshire. Across the year, different events took place from a treasure hunt to pancake tossing to bake sales and dress down days in the office.
- The Foundation for Conductive Education – We raised nearly £30,000 for a national charity that helps children and adults with neurological motor disorders. We hosted a 5km run and family fun day and the money raised secured the charity’s parent and child service for at least six months.
- Anthony Nolan – Anthony Nolan is a pioneering bone marrow and stem cell research charity, seeking to find the cure to blood cancer. We raised over £11,000 for Anthony Nolan and also recruited 21 members of staff to the donor register. The fund raising activities included dress down days, bake sales, sweepstakes, half marathons – even the London Marathon!
- Evelina Children's Hospital – Staff from across our London and Reading offices came together to run 10k to raise money for the Evelina Children's Hospital. The hospital is currently expanding to meet demand, as the number of children needing their care has increased hugely over the past ten years.
- The Great Gateley Bake Off – Staff from our Manchester office took part in a “bake off” style event with four of our Manchester based partners having the difficult task of deciding on a winner! The event saw creations both large and small enter the competition to raise money for the Bone Cancer Research Trust.
- Food banks and clothing banks – We have permanent boxes in our offices to give our staff the opportunity to donate items such as non-perishable food, drinks, toiletries and clothing. We donate these items to various local foodbanks and community groups that support the homeless on a regular basis
- The Big Hoot, The Big Sleuth and Hoodwinked – We supported these Wild in Art city projects in Birmingham and Nottingham. Connecting businesses, artists and communities through the power of creativity, Wild in Art events have enabled more than £12 million to be raised for charitable causes to date and helped millions of people of all ages to experience art in every day settings.
We're proud to support the next generation of athletes. Meet the 10 incredible young athletes that we're sponsoring and find out more about SportsAidFind out More
Why are we working in partnership with Anton? Anton has the ambition, work ethic and desire to succeed; values that align perfectly with our own business.Find out More
Why are we collaborating with the STEAMhouse incubator? To support and be part of an organisation driving innovation and research for major long-term growth across Birmingham.Find out More
Tour de Gateley 2021
"Just a note to say thank you for arranging such a superb day yesterday – it was so well organised and a really enjoyable ride, even if that last hill nearly did it for me! Congratulations as well for the money raised for SportsAid."
Sophie Hallett-Jones Commercial Director, Wright Industries
"I just wanted to say a massive thank you to you guys for sorting a really fantastic sportive yesterday. Everything was perfect from the arrival admin to the mid ride feeds, safety and mechanics etc and those fab pizzas and ‘sundowner’ beers at the end at Sandon Hall just topped off a great day! It must take a huge amount of effort and prep to pull off an event like this - and to raise funds for the next Emma Raducanu makes it even more worthwhile."
Simon Hunt , Director, Savills
Proud members of The Greater Birmingham Professional Services Academy (GBPSA)
We’ve joined the GBPSA to help create opportunities for young people. As part of the GBPSA programme, we work closely with local students, giving them opportunities to broaden their educational experience and gain valuable insight into the types of skills that employers are looking for through a varied programme of workshops, mentoring and internships.
Let's Talk Sport
Catch up with highlights from the event
Casey Bailey was one of many special guests that arrived at the Sports Aid event in Birmingham Town Hall in 2021. The Midlands based poet laureate delivered an inspiring message that focused on the regions upcoming athletes and what it means for the city.